Crash - 2 years OTJ - Anniversary Report :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Crash (GA), Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

Crash (aka The Mighty Hunter) celebrated his 2 year annifursary OTJ last week, and gave MommaBean a lovely AMBG of 65! YAY!!!!!

Sorry to not post so much anymore, but TBP takes way too much of my time. I’ve popped in and out several times, and smile when I see my friends still there helping out. I really miss all of you!!! You are such a blessing.

Crash is such a good kitty. Spends every morning waking me up to feed him, and after breakfast, takes a half hour walk outside to smell all the smells and see if he can catch anything. He opens the door and lets himself back in, then starts meowing to remind me to set all his timer bowls before I go to work. I think he spends the day trying to nudge them open, and has torn his little nose up in the process.

He did surprise me with another Mr. Lizard last month, and ate it as quickly as the first one. But he didn’t get to bring it inside to terrorize me like last time!

His 5 P's are still good, but he’s started to drink a bit more water lately. I took him to the vet, and blood and urine tests came out good, so not sure what is causing the increase. Perhaps the lizard?

He is still on Cosequin, Miralax, Pumpkin, Fancy Feast and Wellness. He is totally spoiled with the PureBites Chicken Snackuses, and is down to 17.6-17.8 and holding.

Looks like another 116 kitties have gone OTJ since Crash moved to Igazu. How wonderful is that?!? :) I remember thinking how great it would be if I could just get Crash OTJ. I spent so many long nights up with him and all of you on the board. You all gave me the confidence, encouragement and camaraderie I needed to help him heal.

I love this community and all the helpful people on here. Good to see many of you still here, still helping, coaching and drying the tears of newbies and oldbies alike.

Thank you to everyone who befriended us and helped us through all our trials. And a couple reminders for all of you newbies:
    1) You can do this. Don’t be afraid. Cry, get angry, read a LOT, then help your kitty get regulated. You might need to cry again. It’s okay. Get some chocolate, dry your eyes, and then read more.
    2) Listen to the advice given on this board, and don’t be afraid to take it. These people care deeply about your baby.
    3) Know your catty and his patterns. Your SS is your new friend. Use it daily so you have patterns. Watch him and love him, but let him go to the bathroom alone sometimes 
    4) Test often and don't be alarmed when his nadir moves. They do that just to keep their beans on their toes.
    5) Remember what foods influence his numbers and adjust what you can.
    6) Most of all remember - what Jojo taught me - "shoot low to stay low". It works. Scary sometimes, but you can do it - if you have enough data. So get that data!

Thank you all again for the incredible help and love you’ve shown us. A special thanks to Jill and Jojo for all those sleepless nights we spent together. I love you  You gave me back my beautiful Catty.

XOXOX  Linda and Crash =^..^=

2. roisin and fax

roisin and fax Member

Love your story and your advice! Here's to many more years OTJ!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Linda --

Great to hear how well Crash is doing. Your words to newbies are truly words of wisdom. Continue to enjoy the Falls (and stop back more often!).

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

It's great to see a Crash update. I have been thinking of the mighty lizard hunter recently, and wondering how he has been doing. Thanks for checking in!

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Linda! so good to see you... and 2 years OTJ!!! wooo-hoooooo!
    your reminder list to newbies is priceless! i laughed and became teary-eyed from reading all your reminders.... every single one of them are sooooooooo true!
    hugs for you and scritches for crash!

6. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

Hello Friends -

Glad Crash is feeling so well, and we were able to celebrate the 2-year mark. Hoping all the other OTJ kitties make it past this mark, and that those of you working on regulation get to feel this joy also.

Gotta go attend an OTJ party we noticed this morning. Crash already has his tux out. Hoping Maui doesn't grab him for the limo driver job! LOL!! He's way too laid back for that.

Raising a Niptini to all!

:) - Linda and Crash

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

What a wonderful post .. sounds like crash is living the life and I hope it continues for him and you!

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hey congratulations on the 2 year anniversary! That is a super accomplishment for Crash, yeah!!
    Your advice is great and I especially liked #1... the part about chocolate. That is good advice any time! :lol: :lol:

I hope to see many more OTJ anniversaries for Crash. Way to go!

9. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Great post! Continue to enjoy otj and the falls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.