Crash is 1 year OTJ on 5/16/10 AMBG 55 !!! :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Crash (GA), May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

Belated love and hugs to everyone on this board from me and the Mighty Hunter. Crash celebrated his 1 year annifursary OTJ yesterday, and gave MommaBean a lovely AMBG of 55! YAY!!!!! Nothing like waking up to such a great number and a face full of furry purrs.

Sorry we have been MIA for a while, but MommaBean went back to (ugh) work and never has time to do anything anymore. I've lurked in here many times since we switched to the new board, but hardly posted due to time constraints. I hope to be able to spend more time on here soon. I really miss all of you!!!

Crash is such a good kitty. Spends every morning waking me up to feed him, and after breakfast, takes a half hour walk outside to smell all the smells and see if he can catch anything. He opens the door and lets himself back in (never did train him to close it behind him tho!), then starts meowing to remind me to set all his timer bowls before I go to work. I think he spends the day trying to nudge them open, because they are usually a foot or two from original position when I get home. When I get home, he must immediately have some Pure Bites Chicken snackuses, then goes for another tour of the yard and hangs around until dinner. Then off for a nap after dinner. I am sure he still dreams of that delicious Mr. Lizard he caught last year, but he hasn't caught anything lately.

His 5 P's are purrrrrfect, in fact he purrrrs louder than ever now.

He still has his ear infection, so I clean his ears about once every week or two with either Epi-Otic or MalAcetic-Otic. He doesn't like the ear cleaning so much, but I figure it's better than the steroids VettieBean wanted to give him last year.

He is still on Cosequin, Miralax and pumpkin 2x/day, and eats Fancy Feast, Wellness and Evo. He is totally spoiled with the Chicken Snackus treats, and is down to a slim 17.6 and holding.

Looks like another 60-some kitties have gone OTJ since Crash moved Igazu. How wonderful is that?!? :) I remember thinking how wonderful it would be to get Crash OTJ as I spent so many long nights up with him and all of you on the board. You all gave me the confidence, encouragement and camaraderie I needed to help him heal. I love this community and all the helpful people on here. Good to see many of you here, still helping, coaching and drying the tears of newbies and oldbies alike. But sad to see how many new kitties have been diagnosed.

Thank you to everyone who befriended us and helped us through all our trials. And a couple reminders for all of you newbies:
    1) You can do this. Don’t be afraid. Cry, get angry, read a LOT, then help your kitty get regulated. You might need to cry again. It’s okay. Then read more.
    2) Listen to the advice given on this board, and don’t be afraid to take it. These people care deeply about your baby.
    3) Know your catty and his patterns. Your SS is your new friend. Use it daily so you have patterns. Watch him and love him, but let him go to the bathroom alone sometimes :)
    4) Test often and don't be alarmed when his nadir moves. They do that just to keep their beans on their toes.
    5) Remember what foods influence his numbers and adjust what you can.
    6) Most of all remember - what Jojo taught me - "shoot low to stay low". It works. Scary sometimes, but you can do it - if you have enough data. So get that data!

Thank you all again for the incredible help and love you’ve shown us. A special thanks to Jill and Jojo for all those sleepless nights we spent together. I love you :) You gave me back my beautiful catty.

XOXOX :) - Linda

2. Weather Girl

Weather Girl Member

You are such a sweetheart, Linda. I can't wait until I get to have an OTJ post :) Someday....

3. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

congrats to you and Crash on the 1 year annifursary!!! What a huge accomplishment.

4. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Linda and Crash! So good to hear from you. I am so happy that Crash is doing so well. Please do come a visit more. Happy OTJ anniversary!

5. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Linda,

I'm so happy to read this and so happy for you and Crash!! It's exciting. I remember the one year annifursary very well and how I held my breath to get to it. I hope you and Crash have many more years of OTJ! Congratulations! You've done a great job!!!!

6. Linda and Crash (GA)

Ginger - so very sorry to read of Calliope's passing. She fought a very good fight! Thanks for the congrats on Crash. :)
    Joyce! Good to hear from you too - I miss you! I WILL come back - even if I have to miss dinner - LOL
    Cyn - Glad to see Cosmo looking dapper as usual. Glad he is well.
    WeatherGirl - hang in there - all things are possible - we'll hold a seaside bungalow open for you.

Hey Maui - can you round us up some niptinis?

7. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Thanks, Linda. She was still winning the FD battle. It was the kidneys that shut down more quickly than we expected. I'm still crushed, completely, but hanging in there.

Brightened my day to read about Crash!

8. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Linda,
    So glad to hear that Crash is doing so well. Thats awesome! I was'nt on Lantus when you were on the board but I was here and remember you. It's always nice to hear back from someone that has been gone for awhile and so glad to hear that things are going so great.

Keep in touch.
    jan and sara

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

It's great to see you posting, Linda. What a great Crash update! Who needs to hunt for lizards when there are Pure Bite snackuses left right in timed dishes for you!

10. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Linda....it is great to see you. I miss all the crazy Crash stories. I am so glad to hear how well he is doing.
    Congratulations on 1 year OTJ. :D

11. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 1year Crash! We're having such a good time at the falls.

12. Linda and Crash (GA)

Hi Jan - good to see cute little Sara and you too.
    Hi Linda - Looks like Bear Man is doing well - glad to see that :)
    Hi Miriam - Will have to have Putty over for some moth muffins and let them 'cat'ch up!
    Hi Sonia - WooHoo it IS fun at the falls! I didn't realize Crash and Tom have the same anniversary - cool!

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats to Crash and the one year annifursary! Way to go!

14. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Linda!! That's a nice WCR on your Crash and I would like to wish you guys a happy annifursery! You've done good!! Thanks for dropping in to say hey to Spot and I...we really appreciated it!

15. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

oooohhhhh another candidate to become my employee! Yeah hooray! Hey Crash man, dude - I've got the best uniform, errr outfit in the world just for you! In Europe it's all the rage and with your fur coloring it will look so good on you! I believe the Europeans call it a Speeeeeeedo and I have oh so many colors for you to choose from!

So what do you say Crash? Wantajob?

Signed, your future employer, Maui the Magnificent

Congrats Linda and Crash on your one year OTJ!!! Well deserved and enjoy many, many more to come!

PS - I'm not responsible for what Maui writes or does at the Falls!

16. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

What a terrific WCR. I didn't realize Crash was such a big fella. I'm so happy he's happy and doing well.

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hello linda! good to "see" you. i can't believe it's been a year already!
    congratulations on crash's one year annifursary!!! and look at that bg... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :mrgreen:
    glad you'll soon be visiting more often. we've missed you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.