Cricket: 1/12 +2 309, +4 302, +7 310, +9 335

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teresa & Cricket, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Teresa & Cricket

Teresa & Cricket Member

(I hope I did the subject line system correctly)

So Cricket is suddenly getting all pinks, just as we were starting to see highs in yellow and lows in blue.

It seems to have started just a day or so after I started a new solostar pen. Could it be a bad batch of lantus? It doesn't expire til 2021, but I was given it as donation from the Diabetic Cats in Need org.
    It was shipped next day with a cold pack and I put it in the fridge as soon as I got home and got it.

Also, it sort of coincided with a dose raise, but only .25 and it doesn't appear she is bouncing or anything.
    (Please note: she is an Acrocat)

My plan is to raise it starting tonight and take more samples.
    She's also acting tired, as one does when BS is high like that.

But I'm also considering just keeping the dose but trying a different pen (they sent me 3)

I would love to hear some opinions on the possibility of the insulin being off, thanks.

Thanks

(And before someone says something- I am aware that I can do better w/ pre-shot checks, her temperament is very difficult to deal with at mealtime so I am trying new ways to get at her with the lancet... don't worry I'm working on it)

2. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Hi Teresa I saw that you were able to talk to Wendy on your Acromegaly DX thread. She definitely has a lot of info on multiple issues.
    I have thought the same thing about Insulin before but since Cricket was in yellow the day after you started your Lantus Pen, I wouldn't think it was bad.
    If a thread goes unanswered for a long time you could tag some of the members that have answered your threads before and are familiar with Cricket and her health.
    Best wishes for you and Cricket. :)

Teresa & Cricket likes this.
  3. Teresa & Cricket

Teresa & Cricket Member

Thanks Lora!
    I am now thinking she just needed more- esp after Wendy mentioned increasing by .5 after 5U when the numbers are high.
    I increased her to 6 and she is responding already.
    I actually tried to delete this thread after chatting with Wendy, but it looks like you can't delete once you start one?

Bear & Lora likes this.
  4. Bear & Lora

You are right you can't delete a thread. You can edit the Title though or delete a comment.

5. Bear & Lora

Most people just edit their title and take off their question mark in the prefix or like in your case take the question mark off the title. ;)

6. Teresa & Cricket

Teresa & Cricket Member

Thanks for the tip!
    (Also Bear is adorable):bighug:

Bear & Lora likes this.