CRITICAL NEED: Human drug Sporanox

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Venita, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

CRITICAL NEED: Human drug Sporanox, used to treat fungal infections of the lungs, mouth, throat, toenails and fingernails. DD & Tinkerbelle has a very young dog (Jessi) with pythiosis--a disease that stems from an infection of a fungal-like organism called Pythium Insidiosum, a type of water mold. Jessi needs to start immediately on Sporanox (the brand name drug, not a generic), which costs about $1500/month at a US pharmacy. See this post.

DD has ordered the Spoanox from a Canadian pharmacy for much less, but it takes 14-28 days to receive it. The quicker Jessi starts on the drug, the better her 50/50 chances are. We are looking for a way for DD to obtain some Spoanox to tide Jessi over until the meds arive from the mail-order pharmacy.

If you use this drug, or know someone who might and could spare or lend some doses, please contact me. Or if you know a pharmacist or a drug rep from Janssen (the drug's manufacturer) who might help, please contact me. Private message DD or me, or email to Venita@dcin.info.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Some people from FDMB and some from the DCIN Facebook page have come forward to offer the needed drug or with ideas for finding donations of the drug. Jessi should be starting her drug treatment later today. Thank you all so much for listening and to those who responded with offers/ideas. You all are great!! Please keep your finger and paws crossed and the prayers coming that Jessi will respond to this drug and beat the 50/50 chance this horrible condition gives this vital pup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.