Cupcake - Officially OTJ!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cupcake, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Good day to everyone!

Firstly, I am very sorry I couldn't find some time to fill Cupcake's SS and to inform you all earlier. Since I devoted all my time to Cupcake in order to see him OTJ and neglected my job and personal life, I had sooooo many things to do! :)
    My husband and I still can't believe this miracle has happened. We are very happy to see our precious friend healthy and feel so grateful for you all! All the people here are amazing and very helpful. All of you deserve a medal! drinking24

2. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Congratulations. It is amazing what perseverance and patience can do!
    :RAHCAT
    Danute

3. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

dancing_cat Dusty and I knew you two could do it! What a wonderful holiday gift! dancing_cat

Follow Wendy and Tiger's advise to stay OTJ:
    1. Never feed dry - not even treats. If you change wet food types, be 100% sure the new food is also low carb and same low carb % as your current food. Some cats are very carb sensitive and an increase from 3-6% to 8-10% can spike the BG’s. Don’t feed if you aren’t sure!
    2. Weigh every 2 weeks to 1 month to watch for weight changes. Too much of a weight gain can cause loss of remission.
    3. Measure blood once a week, indefinitely. You want to catch a relapse quickly.
    4. No steroids or oral meds with sugar - remind your vet whenever giving you any medication. Always double check.
    5. Monitor food intake, peeing and drinking. If increasing, a sign of losing remission.
    6. Regular vet checks for infection such as dental , ear or UTI. And get them treated quick!

4. Cupcake

Cupcake Member

Hey my dear Danute and Dusty!!!

Special thanks and hugs go to both of you! And, of course, my guardian angel Melody! :YMHUG:
    Oh yes, these facts regarding staying OTJ are familiar to me :) Thank you!!!

5. macal

macal Member

Wooo Hooo!!! Congratulations!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat

6. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: CONGRATULATIONS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

7. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS RUTA AND CUPCAKE !!

Mel and The Fur Gang

8. misty1477

misty1477 Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT YAY CUPCAKE !!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat

9. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Woohoo! That's truly wonderful news!

Well done, Ruta and Cupcake. Fantastic work. I am so thrilled for you both!

dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat

Eliz x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.