Curve testing ? And units

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sara and Mr. Kitty, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Hello everyone - I posted this in the Vetsulin forum and wasn’t sure if I should post it here or not too - forgive me I’m a newbie and still learning. Mr. Kitty has been so good with all of my pokes today. I just took my PMPS and he’s at 331. I’ve been testing him every few hours - is that called a curve? He was recently diagnosed and the vet has him on 3U of Vetsulin 2x/day. I have an appointment next Friday, yes they said it was okay to wait to test his blood and check his dose then. I’m so glad I found this group to help educate myself about my sugar baby. I’m a little concerned to give him the full 3U because it seems so high. I’m so new at this and need some reassurance. Thank you!

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

No problem ask all you need or want

A curve would be testing him every two hours in a 12 hour period or every 3 hours in an 18 hour period , so looking at your SS what you did was not quite a curve but it was very good information congratulations!!

I do not have experience with Vetsulin hopefully some of the experts or in the Vetsulin forum can help you with your dosing question,

3. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Thank you for the feedback! This is all so new and I’m so appreciative :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.