Curve testing...confused by results

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by felicia__nicole, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felicia__nicole

felicia__nicole Member

I just started home testing last weekend as mentioned before Benny has gone from a diet of entirely dry food to entirely wet food in the past 3 weeks. We suspect that this has dramatically dropped the amount of insulin he needs and are trying to sort that out. I'm doing a curve test on him today and I am confused by the numbers.

He was in the low 100's this morning so I did not give him a dose, but his numbers have barely risen at all, and in some tests have even gone down even though he has eaten. As a diabetic shouldn't his numbers be going up without an insulin dose? Spreadsheet is linked below (I've been having problems with it so let me know if it doesn't work..it *should* be updated though the +8 test.)

*note
    I did run a test on the meter to make sure it was calibrated correctly and it is.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

He looks like a kitty that needs a very small insulin dose - under a unit. He does need a little bit though. His pancreas might be working sporadically.

felicia__nicole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.