Curve testing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SweetBoy'sMomma09, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetBoy'sMomma09

SweetBoy'sMomma09 New Member

Here are Milo's numbers for his first curve testing today. The first is the Alphatrak, pet meter readings. The second is the Embrace Pro, human meter readings. By the last one he was completely over it and anxious. Pretty certain he had managed to get into the dry food out for my parents cat before the last two readings. His numbers on other days have mainly been in the 300s so far. Yesterday was a week on ProZinc, 1 unit twice a day.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Reason for edit: Link's didn't work.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Could not open either of those google links. Got a "user authentication failed" message and then wanted me to sign in to your google account. You want to share the link but give us view only access. Not sure how to do that. Haven't updated Wink's SS in 4 years.

p.s. You can simply put the numbers into your SS, do two rows and mark which meter is which row. No reason to have 2 separate spreadsheets.

3. SweetBoy'sMomma09

It let me see the SS by clicking the link in my signature. I need to separate spreadsheets for myself. Different meters mean different SS in my mind.

4. Deb & Wink

Looked at the SS in your signature. That one is viewable when I click on it.

Now what? Suggestions on the dose? More, just a little bit more Prozinc insulin for Milo. Maybe 1.25U? If you are around to monitor during the increase.

You want to get some testing done every day in the pm cycle. Pre-shot of course, then around +3 and a before bed if you are up later.
    p.s. Are you doing the Alphatrak numbers only for the vet?

5. SweetBoy'sMomma09

The u-40 syringes only have half doses, not quarter doses. How would giving 1.25u of ProZinc work with those type syringes?
    Yes, I'm doing the Alphatrak numbers for the vet. He's being particular about which numbers he receives for curves.

6. Deb & Wink

You eyeball those in-between 0.25 increment (1/4 point) doses the best you can, trying to be consistent, from shot to shot.

7. Deb & Wink

I'd love to see a picture in your profile of your sweet Milo. It's the Avatar in you user Profile. Link a picture and then we get to see your beautiful boy Milo.

While you are there editing your profile, you may want to change your signature a bit. The GA after a cats name means they have died. It stands for Guardian Angel or Gone Ahead.

If you are testing and dosing insulin with Milo, I think that means he is very much alive.

8. Juls and Billy

Juls and Billy Member

My Billy uses Prozinc. Now, Deb has way more experience than I do, so listen to her more.

But I noticed that Milo dipped into the blue for the first time. Honestly, those high readings look a lot like bounce. You might want to give the 1 unit a couple more cycles before deciding to adjust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.