Cutie Pie diagnosed on 8/13/19

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Limekitty, Aug 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limekitty

Limekitty Member

Cutie Pie is a 14 yr old Maine Coon (15 lbs) and is a sweetheart. I've been reading this board for guidance as we have a good vet, but I realized I needed more info to test, feed and dose. The vet prescribed ProZinc and said to give her 2u twice a day for 2 days then increase to 3 u twice a day. I set up the spreadsheet for the past 3 days and today was the 3 u day. She was at 308 amps then at +3 160 and +9 73. She's had 4.5 oz of FF thru out the day and is currently at 170. I don't want to give the 3 u but thought maybe 1.5 ?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Carole

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    Please post your question in The Health Forum where more eyes will see it. In my opinion, the vet was too hasty increasing.

It may take you a few minutes to post. There's a time limit to how often someone new can post messages. It helps cut down on spammers.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Carole, good going setting up the signature and spreadsheet. Thank you. I haven't used Prozinc and don't have much experience with dosing, but through reading information and posts over the year + I have been here, I think that the dosing schedule vet is recommending is not aligned with what is recommended here on FDMB. It is usually recommended to make increases and decreases in 0.25 U amounts, not a bigger jump of full units. That way you don't bypass a good dose. Plus I have seen advised time and again not to jump around abruptly with dosing. I am so glad you are testing and have at least a little data to provide.

You are new at this and I would like to get more experienced members eyes on your questions and this dosing schedule you have been on. So, to get more eyes on the concerns post in the Main Health forum HERE. You can copy message here and paste it into a new thread there.

4. Limekitty

Limekitty Member

5. Limekitty

Limekitty Member

thanks ~ it's been a while since I've posted on boards :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.