Cutie Pie Dosing question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Limekitty, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Limekitty

Limekitty Member

She tested this am at 236 and was hungry (she was free-fed pre-diagnosis) so I gave her 1/2 can FF. Should I test again in 2 hrs? If her numbers are rising, what dose should she have? Thankx for your help!

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

That pre-shot is lower today.....not sure why you are worrying about numbers rising. Did you give her 2u this AM? If so, yes I'd test her again around +2 or +3 and then decide when to test again based on that reading.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I think I am understanding that you did not give a shot after you got a test that was 236. It probably would have been fine to give the shot, especially if you are going to be home to test later in the cycle. Normally, when someone is starting out, it is recommended not to give a shot if the numbers is 200 or less (with human meter).

ProZinc allows for about an hour of adjustment time for giving a shot, but if you get beyond that, it is best not to give a shot until the next scheduled shot time (unless you plan to change your shot time moving forward). So, if you are asking if you should test again hours after the shot time then give a shot, the answer is no. If you skipped it, just wait for the next shot time.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Just to add to FurBabiesMama's comments, if you didn't give insulin yet but are only an hour or less past shot time you can give her the shot this AM.

5. Limekitty

Limekitty Member

Our shot time is 8:30ish so we're 2+ hrs past at this point. She just tested at 258 so I'll test later this afternoon and keep the evening shot at 2u. Thanks for the guidance ~ I'm keeping notes :)

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.