Cyst-Do I need to do anything?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by WickedSteppMom, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedSteppMom

WickedSteppMom Member

My civvie, Mo, has a small lump (maybe pea-sized?) on the back of her head/neck area. The vet looked at it in Sept, poked it w/a needle & said it was a cyst. There was some fluid & a little blood, but the fluid wasn't thick. She did tell me that it could come back, which it did within about a week. I've drained it myself a couple of times, using a syringe & Mo doesn't seem to care when I'm doing it, so it must not be causing her any discomfort. The vet didn't evaluate the fluid & didn't mention anything about removing the cyst, sooo...should I just keep periodically draining it, and just let the vet know if anything changes w/size, color, or consistency? Or do I need to see about getting it removed?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, as someone who has once had a cyst on the skin level I can tell you they can get pretty painful suddenly If you are able to drain it I guess you will avoid that part. If you can...might be good to just get it biopsied....just to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.