Dante is in remission/What do you pay a cat sitter?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sosij, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sosij

Sosij New Member

I posted here a few months ago when we were really, really frustrated with our 3-year-old diabetic cat. We were giving him 4 units of insulin twice a day and feeding him expensive low-carb dry food, but his blood sugar was still high, with all the fun symptoms.

After reading messages on this board, we switched Dante to low-carb canned food. First Special Kitty, then 9 Lives. He has been in remission for 2 weeks now!

With Christmas on the way, we've planned a 3-week trip to visit family. A former vet assistant is coming over twice a day to feed the cats while we're gone. I'm wondering if anyone knows the going rate for cat-sitting these days, and what would be fair to pay her.

Thanks! Headbutts!

2. cellosmom

cellosmom Member

I pay $10 a visit. And when I need 2 visits a day I pay $25/day (extra gas and time)

It is worth is to invest in automatic feeders in that case (about 40-50 each)

I have 5 compartment ones, I set them for 3 times a day. First meal is room temp wet food, next meal is from wet food kept in fride fridge (with a bit of water in it), last meal from the freezer (with a bit of water)

Food stays fresh, feeders work amazing.

So pet sitter comes in AM, rinses feed dishes and fills them, checks water fountains, scoops litter from non-automatic litter box (also have an automatic one) treats and pats, and is on their merry way :)

Or she can come in PM if it works better for her schedule as long as the feeders are set, works great for everyone!

PS congrats on the remission :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.