Dawn Phenomenon?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by PiePie, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiePie

PiePie Member

Anyone have thoughts on why Keaton's BG is so high in the morning? We had him doing pretty good on 2units for a couple weeks and I've been forcing him to test in the morning and it's curious to me that his numbers look good in the day and then are so high in the morning. I know the morning tests make him mad, but not mad enough to get to 400 just from that.
    I was able to get a +5 today, his nadir is more like +6.5 or so and will get a PMPS test. I tried postponing the shot 30 minutes last night, but didn't seem to do the trick. Maybe I need to wait longer?
    He and Buster typically share about 8.5-11oz of wet food between 530 and 10pm. Basically if they eat it all really fast, I'll put down another fancy feast. They have always shared a bowl and eat together. At 1am, they get 1/4 cup of Dr. Elsey's dry chicken flavor. Since we've added the food at 1, we aren't having issues with bile vomit in the morning, so it seems like they need something in the middle of the night.
    Any ideas?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

My hunch is that he's going too low at night. However, there isn't enough data to really know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.