Day 2 for Smokey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tbarry, Dec 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

So we are trying very hard to get Smokey on our schedule. 8 and 8. He is not cooperating. Trying to convince husband we should accommodate Smokey. His schedule is he wants breakfast at 4:30 am...so would be 4:30 and 4:30. Am I wrong? He hasn't had his insulin since Thursday. We have been trying to corral him since 8. Favorite treats, cat nip.. ignoring him...

2. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

Man, I'm honestly not sure how to help. He's definitely not making things easy on you guys! Have you been able to get the antibiotic into him at all? I'm sending some positive vibes your way. Hopefully others will have some suggestions.

3. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

We got a half of one into him yesterday . He hopefully goes to the vet Monday at 3. Guess I'm flying solo right now. He is still freaked out. Trying to get him to eat a little, but until he calms down trying to avoid him.

4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

4:30 a.m. is fine – for a decent sized snack. It is well before the +10 when you should pick up food. Then you can feed and shoot at 8 a.m.
    Some people use an timed feeder if they work or for during the night.
    I never used one. I believe this one is the one that people prefer: https://www.amazon.ca/PetSafe-PFD11-13707-5-Meal-Automatic-Feeder/dp/B000GEWHNS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1O0AF30X52Y11&keywords=petsafe eatwell 5 meal automatic pet feeder&qid=1576950283&sprefix=petsafe 5 automati,aps,696&sr=8-5
    You can make cat food ice cubes and pop them in.

5. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

Thank you so much. I'm feeling so defeated today. Usually my husband has the patience of Jobe. They sense his calmness, they will eat for him and come out of hiding for him. Unfortunately today is not one of those days.. I really appreciate all of suggestions and help you are giving me.

6. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

How's it going, Tbarry? Any updates?

7. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

He still has not come out. He's hiding behind a chair in our lower level. I know hes not feeling good.

8. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

He just came upstairs!

9. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

He just ate a little! Hes headed back downstairs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.