DCIN Adoptable Cats--Featuring BEASLEY

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

This week's featured cat is Beasley.

[​IMG]

Everyone who has met Mr. Beasley has thought he is a GREAT CAT, but Beasley has not yet managed to make his way into anyone's suitcase. This beautiful orinch boy has now been in foster care for eight months. Frankly, we are stumped why no one has adopted him. He need not be adopted with his companion, Twinkie.

Sure, Beasley has a great place to live and he loves being with dian and Twinkie. But he needs and wants a place to call his own. He's been through so much, with having to be left in a kill shelter in CT because of domestic abuse and traveling to live temporarily (??) with dian.

Beasley comes with a promise from DCIN of $200 towards future vet bills. And DCIN will do its best to get Beasley to you. You can read more about and see videos of Beasley here.

The other cats currently on DCIN's adoption list are:

Doug (in foster with Claudia in MA)
    Jacob (in foster with OLM Catnip Cottage in Summerville, SC)
    Jules (in foster with Claudia in MA; diet controlled diabetic)
    Kitty (in foster with missyandlittlegray)
    Pewter Boy (in foster with Claudia in MA)
    Rusty (needs rehoming from Phoebe near Detroit)
    Sebastian Purrbox (in foster with Stefani in Maryland)
    Tawny (in DCIN foster with Desi in Louisiana)
    Tommy (in foster with Rhea in Charlottesville-Albemarle Virginia)
    Twinkie (in DCIN foster with dian in Pittsburgh; will adopt separately from his friend Beasley)
    Yoda (in foster with Kelly in Bloomington, IN)

I invite the foster beans of cats of the DCIN adoption list to post updates about their charges on this thread. You may see new threads during the week if cats are added to DCIN's adoption or courtesy lists. (The courtesy list is on the main page of the DCIN blog, after the cats listed above.) You also may see the foster beans post about these cats on Health and the Insulin Support Groups.

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

Mr. Beasley is indeed a love of a cat. loves sleeping with you and following you around like a puppy dog. to be honest, his first love is food. But we have managed to get this big boy down from 19#12 oz to 13# 7.2 OZ as of sunday.
    BG are not bad at all and he is down to .5u Bid. I do think he will eventually get a dosecrease but he is in no hurry. his fur is so soft now and I just love petting that softness. like a bunny rabbit. only problem with bease is, he reminds me so much of Mr. chubbs, I keep calling him by the wrong name. he loves fishy flakes and the gift of dried salmon from dyana and nip like my chubbs. he truly will be a hard one to let go but he so deserves to have a forever home. in all honesty, he really will make someone a wonderful cat. I now have him in the room with my other cats and he sleeps with me at night. wheezer is the only one that has a hissss or 2 left but beasley is getting along rather well.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Bastian

Sebastian Purrbox is spending his August vacation at Spa Venita. He has decided that his favorite spot is in the orangerie in the cat food corner.

[​IMG]

He is starting to come out of his shell more. Interacting with the cats and with Jim and me. He joined the young cats came for exercise and toy time this morning--a first.

His blog page is here.

4. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Yoda is doing wonderfully well here. He is well regulated on Lantus at 0.25u BID. His latest anemia check shows progress, but not all values are within normal range quite yet. He is going on another round of antibiotics tomorrow for the hemobart. He is very tolerant of ear sticks for home testing and insulin shots.

Yoda is a wonderful companion cat - good with other cats, dogs, and children. He has been an indoor only cat since staying with us and seems quite content with it. He is very interactive and loves to play with my other kitties, so everyone in the house must be tolerant of such interaction! Yoda loves to sleep on my husband's lap and will sometimes sleep on the foot of the bed with us at night. He isn't a huge snuggler, but has to get his scritch and loving time in each day. He will always let you know if he is hungry and has such a cute meow. He does go after plastic if he decides you are taking too long to feed him though ohmygod_smile

[​IMG]

5. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Eeyore - what can I say about the Big Grey Ball o' Fuzzlove?

He just finished grooming my elbow, and is considering tackling my eyebrows. He thinks that sleeping in the crook of my knee the absolute best thing, and helps me turn off the alarm at 3:30 am so we can snuggle. Unless he's hungry. Then, he'll crawl up onto my chest and plant his paws on my face, and meow at me until my eyes are open for more than a second. Then he waits for me in the kitchen.

Medically he's going great guns. He has no issues at all any more, other than FD. He volunteers for his testing, and only squirms when he's low. He is no longer eating everything at all times, like he did when he first got here...but is simply finishing his servings and may or may not help himself to the leftovers from someone else. And when I was injured, he made sure he was within reach at all times...but I think that's because he's usually within reach. LOL.

He has completely made the transition into the herd. While there are the occasional mad dashes and hissy fits, meh - that's life in this house.

I am so blessed with my Big Grey Ball o' Fuzzlove!

Best-
    Michele

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

7. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

update on weight

bease is making great progress on his weight loss. will have to get deb over here for a after pic since arrival
    arrived at #18 12.4 oz
    last week #13 7.2 oz
    now # 13 2.0 oz

8. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Locking this thread. The next DCIN adoptable cats thread, featuring YODA is here.

Many many find-a-home vibes to last week's featured cat, the magnificent Beasley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.