DCIN Adoptable Diabetic Cats--Featuring TAWNY!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

This week's featured cat is Tawny.

[​IMG]

Tawny is a Maine coon (probably mix) that hails from New Orleans. She is sporting a Katrina tattoo on her belly, so we know she is spayed. She seems to be about 6 YO. The bean in NO who rescued her from the streets about 2 years ago loves her dearly, but could not for several reasons treat her diabetes. But that bean was very resourceful in finding help for Tawny until DCIN could find a foster placement in the area. Now Tawny is with fostering with Desi (DD and Tinkerbelle) near Bogalusa, LA.

[​IMG]

Desi's very busy these days, but I spoke to her this week. The words I wrote down from our chat were great, sweetest, cool cat, and Lassie. What's the "Lassie" all about? Tawny "herds" Desi where she wants her to go, as in ----> "Come on, Mom, Timmy has fallen down the well."

Tawny's BG levels have been stable, and she even had a 176 PS the other day. Desi will be raising Tawny from .5 to .75U Lantus, and getting some spot checks this weekend.

Desi's reports make it sound like Tawny promises to be an easy fit in any situation. Should you want to adopt Tawny, DCIN will do its best to get her to you. You can read more about Tawny here.

The other cats currently on DCIN's adoption list are:

Beasley (in DCIN foster with dian in Pittsburgh; will adopt separately from his friend Twinkie)
    Doug (in foster with Claudia in MA)
    Jacob (in foster with OLM Catnip Cottage in Summerville, SC)
    Jules (in foster with Claudia in MA; diet controlled diabetic)
    Kitty (in foster with missyandlittlegray)
    Pewter Boy (in foster with Claudia in MA)
    Rusty (needs rehoming from Phoebe near Detroit)
    Sebastian Purrbox (in foster with Stefani in Maryland)
    Tommy (in foster with Rhea in Charlottesville-Albemarle Virginia)
    Twinkie (in DCIN foster with dian in Pittsburgh; will adopt separately from his friend Beasley)
    Yoda (in foster with Kelly in Bloomington, IN)

I invite the foster beans of cats of the DCIN adoption list to post updates about their charges on this thread. You may see new threads during the week if cats are added to DCIN's adoption or courtesy lists. (The courtesy list is on the main page of the DCIN blog, after the cats listed above.) You also may see the foster beans post about these cats on Health and the Insulin Support Groups.

Note: Last week's adoptable diabetic post.

2. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Tommy's one week off the juice!! :RAHCAT

It is with pride in Rhea's remarkable efforts and Tommy's go-get-'em attitude, that I joyfully announce that DCIN has removed Tommy from its adoptable diabetics list. Although we have had and do have some "broken" diabetics on the list, Rhea felt it appropriate to remove Tommy so that potential adopters could focus on those cats with greater need.

Great job Rhea!!! Enjoy the rest of your very promising life Tommy!!!

3. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Audrey in Weymouth MA

[​IMG]

Diabetic Cats in Need has just courtesy posted Audrey, a diabetic in a vet's office in Weymouth, MA. If you live nearby and want to adopt a diabetic cat, see the vet's offer of discounted care for your other cats!!

He blog page is here.

Still featuring Tawny this week. Maine Coon lovely and a great personality, I hear from all three people who have kept her. Tawny needs a purrmanent home soon. If you are thinking about adopting her but think money might be a problem, talk to me. DCIN is paying all her costs in foster; it can do that for awhile in a furever home.

4. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Lily and Joey, even though they are not diabetics, are now on DCIN's courtesy list. Blog post here.

[​IMG]...LILY

JOEY...[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.