Debra how is Jasmine?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Merlyn (GA), Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Crossing all paws shes doing better. ((((((((((((((((((((((((DEBRA)))))))))))))))))))))))

2. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

Thanks for thinking about us, it means a lot to know that you guys care.

Sadly, things aren't looking too good for Jasmine. She wouldn't eat the pouch of wet renal food, and as far as the dry renal food she would only eat one or two kibble pieces before she grew too tired and quit. The only thing that she'll eat now is chicken flavored baby food, and just under one jar a day. Her breathing has gotten worse again, not quite as bad as it was when I took her to my vet Friday morning, but worse than when she came back home after her chest was tapped.

We haven't gotten the "final" fluid report back yet, but from the basic report my vet got back today she says that it's very highly likely a severe heart disease issue going on with Jasmine. But my vet doesn't want to jump the gun and euthanize Jasmine yet, not until she gets the pathologist report on the fluid, which should come in sometime tomorrow. Given how quickly her lungs have filled back up, unless there is some miracle medicine we can give her, I'll probably end up having her pts tomorrow afternoon. I can't watch her continuing to struggle just to breathe when there is no hope of relief from this disease process. Her quality of life is nil right now, she just stays on our bed day and night, lying all meatloafed, not eating or drinking on her own. I suspect that both TK and Radar know just how sick Jasmine is because they aren't lying with her at all now. TK will sometimes lie on the bed near her, but not snuggled like they used to all the time.

Anyhow, that's all we know so far, hopefully we'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks!

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Aw, Debra, this is so sad to read. Is she on Lasix? Nothing worse than watching a pet having a hard time breathing. I know how fast it can build up too and not a pleasant way to go. My heart goes out to you and to Jasmine but I know she is in loving hands that will take care of her. Praying for a miracle.

4. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I am so very sorry to hear this (((((((((((((((((((DEBRA)))))))))))))))))))))))))
    I hope that you can share some quality time with her. Many tears here..

5. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

very sad, hopefully they will have meds to help her feel better. hugs

6. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this Debra. Strong thoughts going out to Jasmine.

7. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

When my vet did the chest tap Friday she didn't give me any meds for Jasmine. She felt that by doing the chest tap we would have at least a few weeks before she got into respiratory distress again, and since she planned on sending out a sample of the fluid removed we both thought that we would know what was causing the fluid build up before we needed to make any decisions on Jasmine's treatment.

I've been sitting here tonight trying to spend some time with Jasmine, yet at the same time I really hate to see her like this. I can't help but wonder if when our old vet prescribed high blood pressure med for Jasmine even though she didn't have high blood pressure if this somehow made things worse for Jasmine. I know that after one month of this med it made her crf worse, both her crea and BUN rose up a lot, so my old vet then decided to stop the med.

I really want to hope that there might be some medicine that can help Jasmine. Thankfully this new vet we're going to understands how I feel about quality of life over quantity, so I'm sure once she gets the final report tomorrow she'll guide us down whichever path is best for Jasmine.

Until tomorrow........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.