definition of 'regulated'

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

While reading a reply to 1 of my posts over on the Lantus board (http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/view ... 98&e=48898), I got to thinking.....what is the definition of 'REGULATED' anyway? With Lantus, it seems that every time I start seeing nice colors on Morris' ss....he goes way down & earns himself a dosecrease! Then, once we start with the dosecrease, we are seeing the ugly colors once again. It seems that this is a never ending roller coaster ride!!!! It seems to me that we may never reach this 'regulated' dream....so should I let Morris eat as much as he wants & gain as much weight as he pleases until we reach this unreachable dream?

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

REgulated means different things to different people, depending on the goal in mind, etc.

In the feline diabetes faq (linked further up this forum), section 6 describes various levels of regulation. That is one start. Some people look for below renal threshold, others look to stability and good clinical measures like fur conditions/peeing/pooping/purring/playing, and others have a specific number in mind.

In reading your post but not knowing you or your cat, I think it sounds like regulation for your cat is when you get to decent numbers where he seems comfortable and when his numbers don't jump around alot. But that is just my 2 second interpretation. I have no idea if there is a way to improve his numbers or if this is where he is 'meant' to be.

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.