? delayed shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by racn1320, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Going away a day this week and ill be home about 2-3 hrs later than her 12 hr shot. Should this just increase her numbers slightly or is it like not giving her a shot at all? thx for some feedback!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

What kind of insulin? How are her numbers running?

With most insulins, if you are going to be 2/3 hours late, you just skip (unless you are going to change your shot time from that point forward).

3. racn1320

racn1320 Member

lantus. numbers are fine at the time

4. Celle

Celle Member

I had to give Sophie her evening shot late yesterday - she came in late from being outside. Until she's back on her usual schedule, I'll move the timing of each shot by 1/2 hour (11.5 hours, instead of 12 hours).
    She's on Lantus and I was told that that timing of shots is not absolutely critical, although it's best to try to stick to a regular schedule.

5. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

With Lantus it is recommended not to move the shot time up by more than 30 minutes in a day, so that could be changing it by thirty minutes once, or 15 minutes twice. Being late is different though.

Delaying the dose could feel like a dose decrease for part of that cycle, but then when you do her next shot it needs to be no earlier than 11 hours and 30 minutes since her last shot, or she will get too much action on that second cycle.

6. racn1320

racn1320 Member

thats the plan and to get her on new times as well

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.