Dennise, Pattys mom

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dennise, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennise

Dennise New Member

Hi, my cat, Pat was diagnosed with diabetes, liver disease, and a blood infection 2 weeks ago. We live in Huntington Beach, CA. I would like to find out if anyone could recommend a vet near me that is low cost and would be willing to allow me to do at home testing and possibly insulin injections. Her current vet informed me that she does not do that and I'd need to seek another veterinarian if that is what I choose to do. I am on a very limited income and do not have the option of numerous blood testing expenses that I could do at home myself. Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dennise

2. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Welcome Dennise & Pat,
    You've comecome to the right place.
    Im sorry I can't offer advice.
    There are many experienced people here . Hopefully someone will come along shortly.
    Good luck with your kitty!

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Maybe post on Health Forum and title your thread something like -need vet recommendation in Huntington Beach, CA

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Other tactics:
    1) Do a Google search for "veterinarian near address" and fill in your address. This will identify vets in your neighborhood.
    2) Use these Vet Interview Topics to help you select your candidates.

Sharon14 likes this.
  5. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Hi Dennise and Pat, welcome! Hope you can find a vet nearby soon!
    Good luck to you both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.