Dental disease affect BG levels?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Langfordsherrie, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langfordsherrie

Langfordsherrie New Member

My cat Mocha went in remission 2 years ago and was on Prozinc for 6 months. She’s been off insulin for 2years and One month ago she developed a urinary tract infection and BG levels was 315 range (her levels were perfect the month before) . Vet put her on antibiotics and did full blood panel after antibiotics were finished and BG was still 315 after food and said her teeth were needing some attention. She Put her back on Prozinc 1 unit 2x/day which was too much so I’ve been trying to get it regulated for 3weeks with no success. I am wondering if her teeth issues could be causing BG levels to be high and she really isn’t diabetic. Does anybody have experience with this? I’m at a loss why I can’t get her regulated unless it’s teeth related.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Dental issues absolutely raise BG levels, but even if the dental problems are the cause, insulin support is still needed if her BG is above normal range. Also, a second round of diabetes is often much more difficult to regulate than a first diagnosis.

My cat went into remission the first time in three weeks. Then he came out of remission and has been on insulin more than a year this time (and still on it).

If you get a spreadsheet set up so we can see the numbers you’re getting, we’d be happy to help.

3. Langfordsherrie

How do I set up the spreadsheet? Is there a link I can use?

4. Langfordsherrie

I found it on the website. Will work on getting it posted tomorrow.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.