Diabetes and work overtime?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karyn, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karyn

Karyn New Member

I used to get overtime at work and enjoyed the extra income. Now I feel
    I cannot take it due to the injection schedule. Not wanting to take Stella to work due to the
    dirty environment besides having to take her litter box as well. I manage a film stage time to time.
    Sometimes I would start at 5:30am and not finish until 9pm. I have another person doing that duty
    for me at the moment because of the cat. Any advise or other people having similar issues comment
    would be appreciated.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

How far are you from work? Can you do it during a dinner break?

3. Karyn

Karyn New Member

Im 8 miles from work which is 25min.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

N and ProZinc are better for abnormal schedules. However, I used Lantus on the weekends a few years ago when I was on a 16/8 schedule on the weekends. It worked OK.

5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to be a stay at home cat dad when this happened to me but my medical conditions meant many off-schedule and even missed shots.
    You may get some "I've already thought of that" responses but you will also get valid help from the many members here who know life doesn't always work out.
    Larry is one of those people who like many others know more than most vets. This is not a tragedy.
    Do some research into "depot" insulins like Lantus, Basaglar, and Levemir. I've never used these myself but thinking outside the box is how medical progress is made.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/what-is-the-insulin-depot.150/
    Personally I would not bring my cat to work. Even the happiest cat who loves being in the car, I've had two that just leaped into the car, will show readings that do not reflect what's really going on. Best of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.