? Diabetes, panc, ibd & appetite

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole dorsey, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole dorsey

Nicole dorsey Member

good evening, looking for ant and all input I can get. My baby Pablo was diagnosed with diabetes from a few high blood glucose and urine test. Regular vet and IM vet both agree starting lantus is the right thing to do. My boy has chronic pancreatitis that seemed to be manageable until mid June or July. He was on prednisolone around this time. Thru also put him on short course of high pred (3x day) in June. Late July he was switched to budesonide. His glucose was always normal or slightly normal until June at which time it started to climb. After the drop in pred from 3 to 1 pill his glucose was more normal -195 -225. Since starting budesonide in late July glucose numbers high. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not. He had a good and normal appetite until mid to late June. Around mid to late June appetite ok, and enough to keep his weight relatively the same. Since starting budesonide his appetite has tanked (I attribute to this but not sure if related to glucose increasing as well). Since approx July 27 when transitioned he has little appetite with appetite stimulants (which he has been on for some time). Often times I have to prompt him to eat and in the last few weeks have had to resort to assist feeding about half of the time to make sure he's getting enough. Vet said today wants to start pred if not eating better this weekend along with his insulin meds and stop the budesonide. Thoughts and input really really appreciated.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Nicole and Pablo!
    You might want to repost your questions on the Main Health forum so more eyes can see them :)

Nicole dorsey likes this.
  3. Nicole dorsey

Nicole dorsey Member

Thank you for the info, will do! Still trying to understand the site. Thanks again!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.