? Diabetic Cat Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Robert Vittetoe, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Vittetoe

Robert Vittetoe Member

Now that we have mostly transitioned Pinot to soft food, mainly FF. I would like to look at more options. From reading here I believe my goal is canned food with less than 10% carbs. I’ve read over Dr. Pierson’s 60 page food composition document. I’m looking for something that has more protein than fat and like what I saw in the document for Fancy Feast Naturals: high protein, some fat and zero carbs. I would not feed this all the time just augment his regular fancy feast. My problem is I’m really not sure what I’m shopping for. Is this the FF Naturals in broth? Yes I feel like a dummy.

upload_2019-6-16_8-21-56.png

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

You are not a dummy. Fancy Feast has so many different lines of food that it can be confusing. There is actually a line called 'Naturals' https://www.fancyfeast.com/taxonomy/term/2911 BUT, they do not have flavors like those listed on the cat food list. The flavors listed under FF Natural on the list are actually the Purely FF flavors. An example, being the one in your photo. The food list has White Meat Chicken/Flaked Tuna/Broth. I believe that is the item in your photo. You will notice that all the flavor names in the Purely line start with 'Natural', so that is probably why they are listed the way they are on the food list. https://www.fancyfeast.com/gourmet-cat-food/wet-cat-food/purely

By the way, there is a more user-friendly version of the cat food list. I have a link to it in my signature. You can filter the list by your desired criteria... less overwhelming than manually looking through the whole list document. (Just a couple of side notes... Be careful about regularly feeding fish. If you read through the info on catinfo.org, you probably saw the info on why that is not a good idea. Also, I wanted to make sure you saw the part about keeping phosphorous under 300 if there are any kidney concerns.) That Purely stuff is expensive enough that you could also consider brands like Weruva or Tiki Cat.

3. Robert Vittetoe

Robert Vittetoe Member

I appreciate all the information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.