Diabetic cat is having fluctuating numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tessa and Cathy, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tessa and Cathy

Tessa and Cathy New Member

My sugar baby is experiencing fluctuating levels and I do not know why. One day it can be 91 and the next day it will be 382 and has gone as high as 520 this evening.
    No noticable changes in diet the only thing different is that she has been licking and pulling her hair out and eating it?
    Has anyone experienced anything like this???
    All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you Tessa and Cathy

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

How old is your insulin? Might your kitty have gotten into some dry food tonight? or some people food or dog food?

The hair-pulling may be a symptom of hyperthyroid. When was the last time you have full bloodwork done for your kitty?

3. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Hi. I have a bunch of questions to try to figure out how to approach the problem. I didn't see any info in your profile.

- Do you have a record of your test results? spreadsheet would be ideal.

- How often are you testing?

- What insulin is your cat on, and what dose is she getting? how often?

- What exactly is she eating?

- any other health problems or funny symptoms, even small ones, besides the licking/overgrooming?

- when was she vetted last? results?

laur

4. Dale

Dale Member

Those are the kind of bg swings I get from my kitties when the kitty is trying to go off insulin. Fingers crossed that this is happening for your kitty.

The licking could be food allergies, flea allergies, hyperthyroid. Have you combed your cat and looked for flea dirt?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.