Diabetic Cat Soon Coming in for Foster-UPDATED - PICTURE!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by stefani&toonces, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefani&toonces

stefani&toonces Member

Well, dear friends, looks like I will be fostering again. This one will be a tuxie boy, 10 years old, and the family gave him up because the pregnant wife didn't want to "deal with" anymore. Can you imagine?

He is supposedly a lapcap, I don't know yet what kind of insulin he's on but its 4u 2x day which is high to me. They said he's eating diabetic food. They didn't say dry or wet.

I will be trying to get him into see the vet affiliated with the rescue I work with on Sunday the 20th and hopefully she will give me a script for either lantus or levimir if he's not already on lantus.

If there are any insulin deals being run out there, let me know.

If he's the one I think he is (from the pictures online) he is a white cat with black markings, like Venita's Ennis.

:)

Here is his picture:

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID= ... e=type_CAT

Does this link work?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Re: Diabetic Cat Soon Coming in for Fostering . . . .

(((Stef))) This is wonderful.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Stef - I've got a Lantus pen I can share - been holding onto the freebie stuff from December, so I can send you a pen - my only concern is transport and keeping it cold.

4. cjleo

cjleo Member

Steph,

Thanks for taking the Tuxedo. I may be able to help with a pen or two of Lantus. Let me know if you need it.

Claudia

5. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking in a foster kitty.

6. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

The link works purrfect, from the one picture he looks like a strong and handsome little man.

7. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

He looks like he is not only friendly but a playful and curious kitty. Bless you for fostering him, Stef.

8. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Stefani,

DCIN has several people on its supply list who can send you Lantus. If you prefer Lev, I can lend you one of Ennis's pens, and tell you of a Canadian pharmacy where you can get 5 cartridges for $125. (That price was good two weeks ago.)

Yes, Arthur does resemble Fu Manchu Ennis.

V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.