Diabetic supplies

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna & Buddha, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Hello,

My kitty was diabetic for 12 years and recently passed at age 18. Back when we began this journey, FDMB was a great help. I seem to remember that a volunteer collected unneeded supplies and distributed newbie kits. Is that still a thing?

Thanks,
    Donna

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Donna, I am so very sorry for the loss of your kitty. It's always so difficult when they cross the Rainbow Bridge.

I don't know about a volunteer collecting supplies, but we do have the Supply Closet forum here on the board, plus DCIN (Diabetic Cats In Need) is another worthy organization that helps provide supplies to people who are financially strained. Check this thread post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/ot-dcin-needs-your-old-unused-meters.219818/

They also can use syringes, lancets etc.

You are gracious and kind in thinking of others at this time. Peace and comfort Donna. Thank you so much for posting here. :bighug:

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to hear about the passing of your kitty.

Teresa & Buddy likes this.
  4. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Donna. Twelve years as a diabetic. Wow. You obviously dedicated your life to Buddha and Buddha knew that. I'm sorry for your loss.

Tagging @Chris & China (GA) for you.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

DCIN is still very much a thing and busier than ever as more and more people learn we exist! If you'd like to donate some supplies, we'd be happy to find them a good home.

Send me a PM if you'd like more information

6. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

DCIN, has really helped Buddy, more than once.

7. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

That's very nice of you to think of others at this difficult time, and I am very sorry for your loss. cat_wings>o

Teresa & Buddy likes this.
  8. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I agree, for you to think of others at this time is very kind of you. No, matter how long they are yours it still is not easy to lose them. I am sorry for your loss.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  9. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I lost both of the kitties in my picture, both 18 years old, within two weeks of each other. It was hard. It is hard. I hope the supplies that they left behind will help other cats and their caregivers. I have sent an email to supplies@dcin.info. If I have leftover stuff, I will post in the supply closet forum.

Idjit's mom and Teresa & Buddy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.