Diabetic with Megacolon...miralax?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jennifer Davis, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis New Member

Hey y'all! I'm having problems with my sweet boy Sam, who this week was diagnosed with mega colon. Boy! That in itself sounds scary! One of the first things the vet changed, was us taking away the fiber we added to his food. This has caused him to be RAVENOUS! His 2 cans of FF just isn't cutting it anymore! Not only that...it's been 24 hours since his last BM. I've read where many have had luck using Miralax HOWEVER, I have also seen some advise the use of canned pumpkin to add fiber (which is a NO-NO!) My vet told me she was scared that Miralax may turn into a form of sugar once injested. Has ANYONE seena spike in blood sugars since using Miralax? Thanks for everyone's help!

2. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I am not 1 of the experts but I can tell you that many of the members use miralax and quite a few use it daily. To my knowledge it will not cause a issue regarding a sugar spike.
    this will bump up for more eyes and input:bighug:

Jennifer Davis and Critter Mom like this.
  3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Pop over to Feline Constipation to read up on the issue.
    Miralax is not likely to affect glucose. Stress from constipation or impaction may cause a glucose rise.

jayla-n-Drevon and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.