Diagnosed today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anne-Callie, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne-Callie

Anne-Callie New Member

My cat Callie is seven years old and was diagnosed with diabetes today she is a loving cat but only on her terms she does not like to be held but likes to sit next to me and have me pet her and she follows me around all day like a little dog I'm a little nervous About giving her insulin but I love her so I'm going to give it a good try just wanted to know if anyone has tips on how to handle a cat that doesn't like to be handled

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Anne and Callie!
    Come on over to Main Health forum with your question so more eyes can see :cat:

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB. No worries! I have a girl who HATES to be picked up or restrained in any way but will take all the kisses and pets you can muster on her terms. I too fretted over the prospect of testing and injecting my cat. My worries were totally unfounded. She is the most co-operative little patient any Mom could ask for. She comes to get her tests done and I inject while she is eating. I can inject without her head in a food bowl but I risk having a supervisor (aka her brother) coming and distracting her so I just shoot while everyone is busy with their meals!

Come join us over in Health with any and all questions and we'll help you and Callie on your new journey together. :)

5. tamena

tamena New Member

I'm glad you posted this! This is how we do Banzai too - he's so bad that he literally rips flesh off my leg when I refuse to feed him till it's time
    Told ya he's a jerk!
    and Welcome Anne & Callie - Banzai and I are new to all this too. We started insulin this past week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.