did i jump the gun...maybe.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i just came home +3 after tom's fat U amps 250. he did'nt look so good, droopy, glum.
    tested 55. nadir not for at least 2 hours. i could have waited but considering the plummet i gave 20 or so crunchies. +3.5 61
    considering the crunchies are slow to enter the blood stream..i think i'm gonna leave the house now....
    confused_cat

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

I think, if anything, I would have just fed a little LC and retested to see if rise or...
    waited and tested again in half hour or hour
    but do not think any harm done with what you did
    JMO

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, the plummet down concerned me..just wanted to stave off more plummet..want to leave to go work...ok, going.
    thanks dian.

5. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I've done what you did. Tucker's been hitting quite a few lows recently, into the 30s and he hates that number, he gets cranky and agitated.

Yesterday I had to take an early lunch, he dropped from 300-something to 100 at +5, his nadir is around +7 so I knew he was dropping more and I decided to assume it was going to be another drop into the 30s. I played it safe and left out Wellness Core dry. He's good about self medicating. He eats it at first for fun because he would love to have dry food every day, but he also saves it and eats later. I think he does that since the bowls aren't completely empty when I get home.

So, I would have done what you did. Avoid a possible hypo. It may have come, may not, but in this case, you made sure it didn't.

6. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

ok, after re-reading (terrible cold here). I understand the steep drop. dry is ok but takes a while to get into action so I will revise to MC or HC then maybe leave some food out dry or wet but ya did good anyway. I tend to think with wheezer in mind, sorry. 1 piece of dry would have done it for him LOL

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+8 115....was expecting higher but this is good...i'll take it. makes me think he needed that crack tho'. actually 115 5 hours after a bunch of kibble is fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.