? Did the insulin evaporate? What to do?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by portana, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portana

portana Member

I just went to give Simba his injection and found the bottle empty. There was enough there for at least 3 shots this morning. Do you think it evaporated? In the fridge???

He's not supposed to have any insulin tomorrow morning or food for 15 hours before he's admitted to the RVC for the tests they will do on him as a part of a clinical trial tomorrow at 11am. Do you think he'll be alright tonight with no insulin?

The things that happen to me :(

Edit to add: the reason why I don't have a new bottle is because they will change him to Prozinc tomorrow and give me a bottle and I certainly didn't expect this to happen.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry you didn't get an answer earlier, but it seems like you're kind of stuck anyway....I wouldn't go out and buy a whole vial of Caninsulin just to give 1 dose tonight

If you have some ketone strips, you might want to get a test in if you can and just watch him carefully for any signs of returning ketoacidosis tonight like refusing to eat, drinking lots of water and acting like he doesn't feel good

portana likes this.
  3. portana

portana Member

Thank you, he's absolutely fine this morning. All good, thanks for replying :)

JanetNJ likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Good luck with first day of trial! :cat:
    Please keep us updated ;)

portana likes this.
  5. portana

portana Member

Thank you, I didn't see this earlier. He's been diagnosed with Acromegaly :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.