Disappointed At the Moment

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by G & I, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G & I

G & I Member

After a morning of hopefulness, Goma has returned to the black in bg. Have no idea at this point what is causing this tremendous variance in bg numbers. Her pmps of 658 is even higher than yesterdays number. She appears to be more active and alert now and rests more comfortably. Just don't understand what is happening. Feel really bad for her at this time.

I do thank you all once again for the advice and support this morning. Meant a lot since I get nothing from the vet and now they are closed for the next 5 days. A bit concerned as she was having subcutaneous injections daily for dehydration and from my understanding liver and pancreas support. Have medications that are supposed to take care of this but 5 days is a bit long in my mind. Will be monitoring her closely as usual and will probably perform a urine test using the ketone strips I have sometime during the next couple of days. Her last urinalysis reflected negative for ketones.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Take heart - it can take quite a lot of time to get a kitty into better numbers consistently. They can be erratic as they start to respond and it's likely that she has some glucose toxicity to overcome after being as high as she has been. I suggest you go to 2.25 u at the next dose time. She's had 8 cycles at 2 u and there's been a little downward movement. If you were following the ProZinc guidelines more closely, we'd recommend increasing by 0.25 u after 3 cycles until you see yellow and blue numbers. Then you'd slow the rate of increase. That might be more aggressive than you're comfortable with though.

If you post on the ProZinc forum we can follow your progress more easily and respond day to day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.