DISCONTINUED RELION CONFIRM-MICRO - PLSE READ!!!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Candy&Company, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Hi! I called and got answers -

1.) If you have a Confirm or Micro meter - call 1-855-776-0662 for a full refund of your METER price, to be given back to you in the form of a Walmart gift card via phone, sent by mail. DATE DOESN'T MATTER. Just need to give the serial number on the back of your Confirm or Micro meter.

---strips are still available and should be online and in stores for the next 9 weeks at LEAST, for the current Confirm and Micro models. Then they stock based on warehouse.

2.) The new meter, "Relion Premier Compact" - works the same as Confirm/Micro, using .5 blood - but less bells and whistles, less noises, easier to work. = $19.45 (USA including below)

--should be in all Walmart stores right now:

1.) Relion Premier Compact meter, with CR2032 battery
    2.) 50 test strips
    3.) 10 of 28 gauge lancets (device)- accepts ANY Relion gauge, will stay that way.
    4.) doesn't keep time, only stores 10 test readings at a time
    5.) comes with zippered bag

---needs to call for control solution, 1-855-776-0662

a.) test strips = $9 for 50.
    b.) test strips = $17.88 for 100.

c.) 26 gauge lancets = $1.48, for 100 online and in store = $3.68 for 4 pack (100) in store/online.

--ANY Relion lancets are able to fit/work with the new Compact.

-------Walmart phone employees have been trained for a few months, the new Compact has been out for about a month now nationwide

***********WATCH FOR THIS************

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for your research and for sharing Candy. This is very helpful!

Caitlin M likes this.
  3. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Not a problem, more coming once I get the manager - spent my whole life in this role, I WILL get info. On the new thread - if anyone has questions PLEASE list them, let me know and I'll go after it. I don't mind at all. :cool:

4. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

---needs to call for control solution, 1-855-776-0662

What is the solution used for? I've had the Confirm since the start and never used solution-is this required for the new meter? Total newbie with this part I guess!

5. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

You probably don't really need the control solution. I've never owned any in close to 4 years for any meter. Then again, if I think I'm getting odd readings, I test myself and use that as a control number so if you want to avoid potentially needing to do that, you might want to grab a bottle of control just in case.

Caitlin M likes this.
  6. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Thanks for getting this info and sharing it with us :)

But seriously, it makes me wonder what their reasoning is as to why they're replacing the Confirm with a meter that apparently has less functionality? o_O:mad: IMO, the only thing about it that's a plus is that the strips will be cheaper.

7. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Guys, check the Lantus forum. @Chris & China posted about this and where to get strips. You don’t have to return your meter.

Hope this helps!!

H.M. Victor (GA) and Caitlin M like this.
  8. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member