Hello, This is my first post on the forum. I'm in the UK. I really need your advice and to hear from you if you've experienced something similar. I don't know what to do! I'm devastated and scared I might lose my baby On Wednesday morning (25-10-17) around 1am, we noticed our cat Kasie looked very unwell: lethargic, glazed look, off her food and seemed very uncomfortable. We called the emergency vets who told us it wasn't an emergency and could wait till morning. At the time, not knowing any better, we trusted them and took Kasie in as soon as they opened at 9am. Sure enough, it was an emergency, not only was Kasie diagnosed with diabetes but she was in diabetic crisis, which I understand means DKA, and very dehydrated. They started her on fluids and insulin straight away. By the afternoon, they had brought her glucose levels under control but said other things needed to be sorted. From research I've done online, I assume they were talking about the ketones, though I'm not entirely sure. Yesterday (Thursday 26-10-17), they called to say she had had a good night, was stable and had started eating, and that we could most likely take her home that day. We were so relieved. We had previously been told they couldn't promise she'd even make it. We thought she was out of the woods and we'd just need to learn to care for a diabetic cat, something which we're more than happy to do as we love her so much! Unfortunately, shortly before we were due to go and pick her up, they told us they'd rather keep her overnight to continue rehydrating her, and to phone in the morning to arrange a time to pick her up. When we called this morning (Friday 27-10-17) we were told she had stopped eating again and that they needed to run further tests to figure out whether she has problems with her liver, has Fiv or leukaemia. As far as I know, as it stands right now, they've ruled out leukaemia but haven't found the cause either. They said they're having trouble keeping her hydrated, which worries us greatly. How could this be if her glucose levels are under control? She's been on IV fluids since Wednesday morning. (It's now 9pm Friday in the UK) How long should it take for her to get better on IV fluids? They're already talking about possibly withdrawing treatment and putting her to sleep and we're so not ready to let her go!! We want to give her every chance we possibly can! I'm very upset and really am at a loss. We didn't even know she had diabetes before all this happened. A lot of information to take in... We don't want to let the vets put her down if there's any chance she can survive and have a decent quality of life. Will we be able to help Kasie if we decide to bring her home? Or is there no hope of her recovering? I work from home so caring for her isn't an issue. I probably have more questions, but can't really think right now. Any help, advice, experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.