Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Goose, Feb 10, 2020.
Previous Do Daa's PZ Dosing Thread3
The link above goes to the previous PZ discussion.
Went back to 4.5u, seems he didn't like 4.25u right now.
That 600 last night was the high before the break. He cleared the bounce today. I’m really glad he didn’t do anything too dramatic.
Great job with the curve! Let’s hope he will flatten out a bit in high 90s.
I'm glad he didn't do anything too dramatic also. He seems to like 4.5u right now.
Looking at the SS, when do AMPS and PMPS numbers start to get better on a regular basis, or will they? He's only had a few yellows and blues at those times.
AMPS are often the last to come down so even cats about ready to go into remission might have a higher AMPS (e.g. lower blue) but we have ways to address that. However, his AMPS and PMPS are most likely higher because he’s so bouncy. So until he stops bouncing so much, you’re likely to continue to see higher preshot numbers.
Thanks for the explanation.
SS Updated. Yellows and such....
Let’s see if he clears the bounce soon.
497 point drop this morning...
583 this am, (high before break?) followed by some blues and greens. Did Not reduce to 4.25u today, he seems more stable at 4.5u? Thoughts?
Yes...definitely high before the break. Great job identifying it. But when you see that and suspect it, you might want to test a bit earlier to catch that drop.
I’d hold the dose, too. We’ve been using 70 but the lowest he got was 69 and he came right up.
SS Updated. Black amps again. We are holding the dose at 4.5u.
That drop of 497 was between amps and +5, we did test at +4 @161. (on 2/13, @86 he had 1 spoonful of FF Gravy, some food, it popped him up to 123, he fell to 69 and we gave him FF Gravy, and 15 temptations, then up to 130.)
Ketone still negative.
Great you are checking ketones. He’s just back in a dive/ bounce cycle.
3rd morning amps in a row for Blacks. In your opinion, will this dive/bounce cycle work itself out soon, or should the insulin be adjusted?
We've been checking for Ketones since a member here recommended we do in October. We've been doing so twice a week since, and luckily he's still negative.
If it were me, I’d increase the dose to 4.75u and watch the BG. Sometimes it just takes a swift kick in the pants for one cycle to get things improving.
I’m glad you took the ketone testing seriously.
Ok. We'll increase tomorrow to 4.75u amps/pmps and see what happens. We have taken the Ketone testing seriously.
Separate names with a comma.