Do I give insulin or not??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen Mulholland, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen Mulholland

Karen Mulholland Member

Hi all, it's me again...... so Rocky's Readings for today were as follows:
    5:3o Fed 1 can Fancy Feast classic
    7 a.m. 370 given 2 units Novolin
    1 p.m. 73 given snack
    3:35 110
    5:35 195 given dinner 1 can Fancy Feast
    7:35 243
    9:35 262

I don't know what to do??? I use Alpha Trac and understand I should not "shoot" until BG gets to 270. Do I just wait and assume it will go up and then give insulin. Also I was thinking I should cut back to 1.5 units as the 2 units appeared to drop his BG a bit too low. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I think I downloaded the SS but I don't know how to use it yet.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't have any answer for you but I will bump you back up to the top.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I suggest you give a lower dose because that 73 is a bit too low for comfort. You’re well past your shot time but I think his BG is high enough. Try 1.5 u for tonight.

4. Karen Mulholland

Karen Mulholland Member

O.K. thank you for your help.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

The link in your signature isn't correct.....Go to the top right of your spreadsheet and click on the blue "Share" ....a new box will pop up. Make sure it has "anyone with the link can view" and then you can click where it says "Copy link" to "copy".....then you come to your signature box and "Paste" the link you just copied.
    upload_2017-12-31_22-46-46.png

Here's some information on Understanding the Spreadsheet but if you still have any questions, let us know so we can help you!

6. Karen Mulholland

Karen Mulholland Member

How do I get to the signature box. I tried to paste it in the box that said "people" and it gave me an error message.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Look up in the top right side of the page for your sign on name....there's a drop down menu

upload_2018-1-1_21-52-17.png

Attached Files:

8. Chris & China (GA)

While you're there, it'll help if you'll go ahead and fill out some of the information you see in our signatures too.

Stuff like:

Your name, cats name, age, sex, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, type of meter, type of food, any other health issues? and maybe a general location.

Then you can paste your link in and hit "save changes" and you're done.

Having that information in your signature makes it so we don't have to keep asking the same questions over and over each time you post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.