? Do I need to micro dose

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clark, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

Charlie's #s have been consistently coming down. ,3 days only.10 of insulin. Her las # 121. She seems to be coming down. At this point unless I get i higha# i don't see taking a risk with microdose.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I actually like what that 0.10 u dose did for her a couple of cycles ago. Those dark green numbers are your goal because they promote pancreas healing. You could try that dose on your current low-ish PSs.

Here's another microdosing method to try: Push the syringe plunger firmly into the syringe before inserting it into the insulin vial and then relax that pressure once the needle is in the insulin. That will create enough suction to draw a very tiny amount of insulin into the syringe.

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Charlie is doing very good :)

Deleted first part because I was thinking of something else. :facepalm:

4. Clark

Clark Member

Once I check pmps. If she continues to come down on her own. Just anxious. .10 at 160 droped her to 70 + points. At 120 with here pancreas working could drop her just on the Edge.

5. Kris & Teasel

I understand the anxiety. Caninsulin can drop them fast and low. It's hard to fine tune doses with it. She's doing really well though.

6. Clark

Clark Member

If she can't break through down to lower #s. I'll practice. Even just a tiny dose. It's only been about. 12 days on diet. I'll just make sure she doesn't start slipping higher too.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

She's remarkably consistent in those blues without insulin. I don't really know what to say other than getting her into dark greens with 0.10 u is something to try. I'd try it on a day when you're home all day to monitor, even if the PS is in the same range as recently. I suspect she'd be OK.

8. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I agree with Kris. Charlie isn't quite 100% ready to go off insulin completely. :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.