? Do ReliOn meters 'sip' blood?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HarryPottersMum1973, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryPottersMum1973

HarryPottersMum1973 New Member

Hi there.
    Getting ready to go get Harry's new meter, but I'm not sure about the test strips.
    I was told by my vet to get a meter with strips that 'sip' the blood as opposed to one that you just put a drop on the strip.
    I know a lot of people have a ReliOn meter of some type, and I want to know if any of the ReliOn meters use the 'sip'-strips, and which meter you have (Micro, Confirm, Ultima, etc.)
    Also, is there an actual proper medical term for these kind of strips? I'm sure my Wally-World pharmacist would know what I mean about strips that sip the blood, but I just want to sound smart. ;-)
    Thanks!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Yes, they "sip" blood :D We used the relion micro with mocha and never had a problem with it. The meter itself runs about 9.00 and you can get a pack of 20.00 strips for I believe 9.00 as well, or a pack of 50 for 20.00 and a pack of 100 for 36.00 .. I think!

3. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

The ReliOn Ultima is the blue one, and is made by a different manufacturer. It required more blood than the Confirm.

4. SHK

SHK Member

I have the ReliOn Confirm (not the micro), and the strips do sip blood. They also take hardly any blood - the teeniest droplet. Good luck!

5. HarryPottersMum1973

HarryPottersMum1973 New Member

WHOO-HOO! That's just what I wanted to hear! :D
    Guess I'll be off to the store soon, then.
    Thanks everyone! flip_cat

6. The Relion MIcro and Confirm both use the same strips. The Ultima has it's own strips. The main difference between the confirm and micro is the size of the meter itself. Sort of a "which one fits in my hand best and has an easier to read display" sort of thing. I used a Micro. I think they were both priced at $9.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.