Does anyone have experience with Vectra?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by allie and newkitty, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allie and newkitty

allie and newkitty Member

After the Great Diarrhea Virus Crisis of June, I am really hesitant to rock the boat with my multiple-condition cat, Newkitty. However, Advantage is not cutting it. Our vet was irritated with us because Newkitty had so much flea dirt on her (she does not scratch much -- probably because of the prednison, but it is not good regardless). Our other 2 cats are scabby from scratching. She suggested Vectra. Very strongly!! ;)

I am just concerned about it because Newkitty has IBD/pancreatitis as well as diabetes, and has had weird liver values in the past. Anyone have any experience with this? I know I should just get over myself BUT switching things up with her is such a tricky thing.

Thanks for any input. I have purchased some diatomaceous earth and sprinkled it under our couch/chair/loveseat cushions, we vaccum regularly and their blankies are also washed frequently with hot water and dried on high, so we are doing the regular/non-med route. They just need some relief. We have never had a flea issue like this.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

3. allie and newkitty

allie and newkitty Member

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The warning is for Vectra 3D, a dog only product. The company also makes a product for cats, Vectra for Cats. The Vectra 3D contains Permethrin while the cat one does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.