? Does Gypsy need to be back on the juice?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by (GA) Gypsy's Parent, Dec 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (GA) Gypsy's Parent

(GA) Gypsy's Parent Member

Her numbers are creeping up. High enough to the level where I think she needs insulin again. Her coat is feeling dry again and she is losing weight. Her eating is OK now that we have a new morning routine where she can eat her wet food undisturbed for two hours. She's never adapted well to fixed meals. She seemed to have a cold last week and didn't eat much for a day or so and lost weight. She's down from around 9 lbs to 8 lbs. I don't have accurate weight, but she's feeling skinny.

I don't see signs of excessive drinking and urinating.

I still have prozinc in the fridge, but it is now four months old. I don't know what the risks are trying to use old prozinc. Chewy is always fast with delivery :)

What do the experts think?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd start testing in the morning and night and then feed and test again in about 3 hours.

It does look like Gypsy may need to go back on insulin, but let's see where she is in a couple days of extra tests.

How are her teeth? Any chance she has a UTI? Infections or inflammation can raise the BG and teeth are one of the biggest reasons for losing remission.

If the ProZinc has been in the fridge, I think you could try it, but plan on getting fresh fairly soon in case it seems to have lost it's punch. It won't hurt her to give old insulin...it may have just lost efficacy. The only way to know is to try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.