Does it look like kali might go into remission?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Megaboo, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megaboo

Megaboo Member

Been a few times now that I haven't given Kali insulin. Bouncing seems to have calmed down. Running low on test strips so I cant do curve yet. Would someone please look at his spreadsheet and let me know what you think. :facepalm::cat::)

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. You've seen a few better numbers, but what makes you think he is going into remission? A cat has to be in consistently good numbers for awhile before you try going without shots. Then, they have to make it 14 days with no insulin, still staying in good numbers, before it is considered remission. By 'good' numbers, I mean maybe between 75 and 125... maybe occasionally slightly higher but probably not more than 150 (AlphaTrak numbers).

If you could grab some mid-cycle numbers at various times, it would really help show what is going on. You do not have to do a full curve (which is testing every two hours), and you definitely do not have to test every hour, but grabbing a test or two during each cycle and varying the times will start to fill in enough data that you can see the true impact the insulin dose is having.

3. Megaboo

Megaboo Member

I don't mean he is in remission. I know he is no yet but just hoping that it looks like its headed that way since I've been able to skip a few shots. Wishful thinking..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.