Does Uno need an increase?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Uno's mom, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uno's mom

Uno's mom Member

Hi everyone,

I finally got my meter and have been testing Uno's BG before every shot and I did a curve about a week ago.

It looks like he might need an increase, but being very new to this I wanted the get some reassurance/guidance before I make any changes.

I've attached Uno's spreadsheet (at least I think I did it right, if not let me know). I was thinking I'd increase to 1.5 units and see how that goes, but like I said, I'm new to this and not sure.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Any explanation (e.g fur shot) for the higher that normal AP PS yesterday morning?
    I would go to 1/2 or 1 1/4 units. If you are using U100 syinges for the U40 Vetsulin then 1.2 is convenient of using U40 syringes then 1 1/4 .

Uno's mom likes this.
  3. Uno's mom

Uno's mom Member

Thanks for the reply Larry and Kitties. No fur shot. I'm using U-40 syringes for the Vetsulin. It looks like 1 unit drops him about 100 points at the nadir so my guess would be 1.5 units would drop about 150 points but not sure it works like that. I just want to do the best for my sweet boy and I'm guess from looking at the numbers I'm getting we could be doing better and Uno would be feeling better too.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

since you have litttle data I would only go to 1 1/4 units although 1 1/2 is likely OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.