Does your cat have a special tag on their collar?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by thepeach80, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepeach80

thepeach80 Member

I was going to get Arnold a new tag for his collar since we just got him back from MIL and he hasn't even had a collar in years! I was going to add something on their about his diabetes and taking him to his vet if he's found or call them (he has a microchip from the humane society and the vet has this on record). What does your cats' tags say?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

My latest, Twigie, on has a tag that say I take insulin for diabetes. I forget where I got the take. She also has a bell to help worn my other cats since she attacks them.

3. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

4. thepeach80

thepeach80 Member

Thanks, the red is cute! I snagged one of those and then can put more info on another tag w/ his name etc.

5. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

I think those tags were offered by Bayer years ago. I still have Boo's tag here.

6. Harley's Mom

Harley's Mom Member

My cats don't wear collars ever because they are indoor only cats. I think years ago I bought some cute collars for cats and kept finding them all over the house. I gave up on them.

7. thepeach80

thepeach80 Member

Arnold's indoor only too, but I still worry. nailbite_smile

8. Kira & Max

Kira & Max Member

Max is indoor only, but we got him a tag from the do-it-yourself engraving machine at Petsmart. His old one was getting pretty faded anyway. We have his name, the word diabetic in all caps, and two phone numbers on his tag. I'd just hate to see him get out, and some kid think he was cute and keep him :( I figure if it says diabetic, he's got a better chance of coming home.

9. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

With any tag, please make sure the clasp is a break-away. There are too many sad accounts of cats/dogs hanging themselves accidently by getting their collar/tag caught on something.

Done with the doom and gloom - sorry about that - needed to be said.

10. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

11. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I have a separate tag that says "Diabetic cat, needs insulin" on it. The other tag on the collar is my contact information.

12. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Tucker is microchipped and HomeAgain knows he's FD. Now hopefully if he ever gets lost someone will use a chip scanner. Being indoor only I don't use collars, maybe I need to rethink that.

But in any event, I would suggest the microchip in case the collar is ever lost, the chip doesn't get lost.

13. cjaubz

cjaubz Member

Just to add a thought - for those that have your cats microchipped - please have their chip tested each time you visit the vet. My civvie Sophie had a defective chip that wouldn't read 1 month after she received it, and another friend the chip in her dog went bad after 5 years - so please have them checked.
    CJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.