? Dog Diabetes Question - Cross-Posted on Main Forum

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Becky and AJ (GA), Jan 6, 2019.

1. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

Hello,

It's been a very long time that I have posted on FDMB. It brings back a lot of good memories of the wonderful people who helped me with my AJ (he was on Vetsulin and ProZinc).

I was hoping there was someone on this board that could direct me to someone who has experience with a sugar dog. My brother's 11 year old mastiff got diagnosed yesterday, and we could really use some help with dosage, monitoring, how to take blood for the reading, etc. My brother was told by the vet to give his dog 25 units of Humulin N NPH (she weighs 130 lbs), which he did late last night, but the vet didn't mention anything about monitoring it or how to monitor it. His dog also has low thyroid.

Any help will welcomed.

Thank you,

Becky

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You might want to post this on the main health forum that gets more traffic. :)

3. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi @Becky and AJ (GA) !!!

Best place for diabetic dog info is www.k9diabetes.com . A dog handles diabetes quite differently than cats...they can even eat hard food without a hiccup. The site is nowhere nearly as wonderful as this one but this particular site is a 'one in a million'.

HUGS!!!

4. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

Thank you. I did think of that, but wanted to start here. I got a very helpful email from someone on the board that I forwarded to my brother, but I will also post on the main message board. I knew FDMB was the place to go to. You guys are awesome. :bighug:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

Thanks! I forwarded the website to my brother and I hope he reads it like a bible. I know I did this sight when I discovered it back in 2009.

I think I will changed the subject here to let folks know I cross-posted on the main forum.

Becky

Kris & Teasel likes this.