don & chubby update 7-22-10

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by don & chubby & gus, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don & chubby & gus

don & chubby & gus Member

Chubby has been otj for 8 days and has been eating wet (Friskies prime fillet w/ turkey & gravy with a little purinns DM dry (1/4 cup) for a snack at lunch. His highest bg so far has been 58 and, his lowest 40. I am hoping this continues. I test him twice a day, before each meal, 5:00 a.m. & p.m.. I need to get a better ear poker, the noise on the one that came with the otu2 is a bit loud and startles him pretty good. I am going to get some aquarium gravel so I can check his urine. If that is ok and his bg maintains good numbers chubby may be ok on diet alone. Hopefully in another 2 weeks I will be able to start spacing out his testing a little and give his ears a break. We will both be happy.

don & chubby

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Wonderful news. Two of mine are diet controlled and one is not.

No matter what happens, diet controlled or on insulin in the future, you've done an amazing job. I'll bet your little furry is feeling great now.

3. don & chubby & gus

don & chubby & gus Member

Tuckers mom,
    Thanks and I hope tucker is doing ok. I believe he had more things going on then the others. From what I read, its you who has and is doning an amazing job not me.

don & chubby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.