Donovan has entered the light

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((MJ)))))) I'm so sorry. I was just looking at Donny's pic in the calendar.

Fly free dear boy.

2. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

So sorry you lost your Donovan. Fly Free sweet Donovan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wings_cat <<<<<<<<<<< Land Softly rb_icon

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

I don't know how you do it, MJ...but you made me laugh through my tears at the story of Butthead hiding in the carrier.

You are a treasure, as were your boys.

Thinking of you, my friend...

celi

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, That is such a wonderful picture of Donny and Butthead! How lucky they were to have you, and how fine it is that you have all your photos and videos. It is so hard to say farewell, but never forget that farewell is not goodbye. I like to think of the two of them sending their love to you from the Bridge and waiting patiently.
    I hope that you are OK and that you are feeling the love your boys are sending your way.
    Did I tell you that I lit Stu's candle in memory of Donny and Butthead?

Hugs and much love from Rusty and Edward and me,
    Ella

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((( MJ ))))))))))))))) What a wonderful picture of the boys. We will all love to hear Donny's whole story. Whenever you are ready. You are in our hearts.

6. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

It is done. I took Donovan to the crematorium this afternoon :cry:
    I made impressions of each of his paws as best I could. They were unfortunately not in an easy position to do so. I felt like an idiot saying "Oh Donny, your feets are cold!" but I couldn't help talking to him like he could hear me. Even driving in the car, I reached over to pet him like I always did, and said "You're OK" if there was a loud noise from a passing vehicle. Memories of picking him up as a kitten from Boston Logan airport and driving home on the Mass Pike at night. It was noisy and he didn't like it.

When I entered the office, a cat wandered out and greeted me - a large cream tabby and white polydactyl boy, very nosey and purry, including sitting on the paperwork I was trying to sign. They said I should have Donny back in a few weeks. I will be getting another custom urn like Butthead's. Leaving him there hurt a LOT. While I would not do it myself, I understand why some people have their pets preserved and stuffed. I miss being able to touch him. His fur is so beautiful. I played with his folded ears all the way there. Maybe that habit of mine made it easier for BG testing. Once I got the hang of it, he really didn't give a crap.

Just wanted to let you all know that another step in Donovan's journey has been made. I will be back with more photos and videos and most importantly, "Donovan's Story". Love to everyone. You are helping to hold the pieces of my broken heart together...

MJ

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mybuddybinks

Oh, MJ...you shouldn't feel like an idiot...

and here i go crying again...

I like to believe that Donny could hear you...

You are ever in my heart...with your lovely boys...

I love the "Cap'n" pic...

8. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

there are no words, MJ. Just :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

9. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

That was an emotional read MJ. It brought me back to losing Belle. Unfortunately, we took a lot of trips to the vet together in her last years, and I always had her in the carrier on the passenger seat. I would talk to her the whole way to let her know I was there and she would be ok. The night I picked up her ashes, I set them in her carrier, and strapped it into the passenger seat as I had always done. It was our last drive home, and I talked to her the whole way. It was dark, so it was easy to almost forget it was an urn and not her in the carrier. I still talk to her. It makes me feel better and in my own mind, convinces me she will never really be gone.

Take care of yourself,

Jason

10. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

MJ, I am so, so sorry. I am hoping you will find comfort knowing that Butthead and Donny had lives filled with love because of you. I know it will come back to you.

11. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

MJ, tears still flowing here...I can hardly believe it he is gone and I'm not there...I don't know how you hold it together.....
    Much strength, love and prayers being sent your way...
    You are surrounded with family here at LL that cares about you and loved your boys....
    Looking forward to Donny's story ...
    Glad you made the print....

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((((MJ))))) This is heartbreaking and beautiful. Love like this cannot be lost just because Donovan is beyond the veil now. The love the two of you shared will live on.

13. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

MJ, if someone had told me 5 years ago that I would shed so many tears for a kitty that I had never actually touched... I would have said they were crazy. But Donovan had a special place in my heart. Maybe because I saw you both when you first joined and followed you guys as you worked with Levemir and watched as those wild numbers started to even out. I had many days where I laughed and laughed at the 'colorful' comments on Donovan's SS and totally understood your frustrations. Then the exciting ride toward OTJ and the joy that followed. Maybe it was his cute ears and awesome coloring. Maybe it was because he was part Maine Coon.... maybe it was because of the connection here on FDMB and sharing the ups and downs, but I felt like Donovan was one of my own. Your funny stories and videos brought him to life here in my home. I almost feel like I did pet his foldie ears.

I hope you can 'feel' the hugs I'm sending as much as I feel your loss. ((((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((((MJ)))))))--When Copper passed he was here in the house & I came home & found him..I held him for a very long time, even while my BF was here, petting him, holding him, I couldnt believe the whole thing. DH came home & I took him in a blanket still in my arms to the vet...Talked to him & Held him till we got to the vets.
    The hardest thing was giving him over to them, I asked for a few minutes more with him, then I let him go..
    When you get his ashes back, he will have completed the journey & he will be back with you & Butthead again. What you have lost here, is my biggest fear too..
    I pray you will find some Peace with this, it stays with you for a long while, then you finally accept it.
    Not many people have had a love like you had with these two cats...You were blessed with them, though it is never long enough..
    All of us here are hurting for you
    All of us feel for you
    All of us send our love & hopes for healing to you...Hugs my friend..

15. mybuddybinks

I couldn't make it through this song thinking of Donovan until today...

Sending so much love to you, MJ...

[youtube]lIg0SyOm3Es[/youtube]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.