Dont understand

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Donna & Doogle, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Doogle

Donna & Doogle Well-Known Member

Yesterday Doogle was great! Eating, playing and active. Got great numbers! Today, he is withdrawn, not eating and acts scared to death. I dont know what to think or do. I cant understand what is going on. I am so stressed out over this that I am sure when I go to the dr on Friday my blood pressure is through the roof. I dont have alot of money to spend on ultrasounds and tests being the only one that works. I just wish I knew what was going on. The labs dont indicate anything wrong except an infection but from what (WBC up slightly). Am I overreacting to all of this?

2. Meya14

Meya14 Well-Known Member

With the recent weight loss, and the poor appetite you should definitely get some ketone urine strips and test him. Weight loss + no appetite + infection are all triggers.

Also, did they check a liver panel and a urinalysis when they did the lab work. Does your vet have an idea where the infection is? It's important to locate the cause of the elevated WBC, because sometimes it takes more than a course of antibiotics to eliminate it (Ie. oral abscesses), also elevated WBC can indicate other things as well (lets rule out infection first).

Hang in there. Feed him anything that he will eat, and adjust insulin accordingly. His weight loss might have been something as simple as too low of a dose, which can trigger infection as well.

If you can get a copy of the labs from the vet and post them here it might be helpful as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.