Dosage advice please?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Adam Flowers, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

I feel like Mogee's numbers are getting higher as I increase insulin. I read this may mean I passed up the dose that works for him and he may be getting to much?

Can someone please access his SS and give me any advice based on what you see?

He was in the green at 2 units before and at 3. But lately he hasn't gotten very low? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi Adam. From your post out in Main and looking at your spreadsheet, it's possible that Mogee is having a UTI, or some other thing that's bothering him. And it's also possible that he just needs a little more insulin right now. When was the last time he had a vet visit, blood work, and/or a dental cleaning? (and please forgive me if you've already told us all of that - I have a terrible memory. :confused:

Adam Flowers likes this.
  3. Adam Flowers

Adam Flowers Member

He hasn't been seen by a vet since about 2 weeks after diagnosis.

He peed on the bathroom floor Wednesday night. He had never done that before. He's been peeing in the litter box since and acting normal.

In my post about him peeing a few said possible UTI. I plan on getting him to the vet within the next few days. I am hoping that is all that is wrong.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sam will sometimes pee outside the litter box when his numbers are running high. I've had him tested for UTI's a few times and nothing has ever been there. I think it's just how he tells me he doesn't feel well. If he hasn't had any more incidents, the vet visit may not be as critical right now. Although sometimes it's worth it just for peace of mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.