dosage/skipping questions, some confusion on things

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by hailey & oscar, Jan 7, 2020.

1. hailey & oscar

hailey & oscar Member

hi!
    posting in the PZI specifc thread this time to see if there is any similar experiences, and seeking advice-
    oscar is still quite new to this, as of dinner tonite he's fully transitioned from royal canin urinary SO wet (before mid-december diagnosis was also on dry) to purina DM food.

he has been showing varied values throughout our testing the last few days, and i'm back and forth wondering whether it's a good or worrisome-
    he skipped last night's dose after reading below 200 and stalling twice before feeding. this am he registered mid 200's so i gave him a reduced dose of .5 units based on his recent numbers and feedback i received in the main forum, the full unit was dropping him very low and my vet suggested i keep him on the full unit until our next visit in a couple of months from now, but his values have been dropping pretty rapidly since the food transition started and i of course would love to see remission before our next visit.
    today i measured twice mid cycle, and his lowest of the day was just before PMPS at 104. we stalled 20 mins but it only rose to 107, so i've opted to skip the PM dose again.
    is this ultimately a good thing? i am confused as to why his lowest number would be now and not earlier in the day, he'd been chomping at the bit for some food for about an hour and a half.

i am mostly unsure if these numbers suggest his regulating fairly quickly or if it means something else. he hasn't had any other food today since am feeding.

today i picked up ketone testing strips as well, have not crossed that bridge yet but planning to try it out- he uses a top entry box so i am not totally sure on catching the sample yet but will be trying!