? Dose advice ASAP please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jen and Alfie, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

Hi all

Hubby tested Alfie preshot and he was 13.7. So far stalled for 20mins (hubby is at home alone so gave him food unfortunately), he's just retested and got 12.0

Should he give a reduced dose? If so, how much should he reduce it by?

(Always when we decide to go out!)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Maybe try 1.0 u so he gets some insulin. If you're very uncomfortable with this, you can skip for this evening - as if you had a fur shot. Yes, they know how to time these things SO well! :confused:;)

3. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

Ok, 1U sounds good, thank you! I'll be home in a couple of hours to monitor so it should be fine

4. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

Well, this is an interesting cycle! He's much brighter than he has been and he's going outside a lot which he hasn't done for a few weeks.

I've given him some pate food to try and level the drop out a bit. The same food previously seemed to spike him slightly and seems to be having a good effect.

About to test him at +5 and depending on the reading will probably go to bed.

Not sure what's happening but all those blues are nice! o_O

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Yong & Maury GA, Djamila and Rachel like this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

My goodness! Interesting cycle for sure! :woot: Makes me wonder if the insulin resistance has been overcome. That 1.0 u dose was a lucky guess.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  6. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

It turned out to be the perfect dose, thank you! :)

Unsurprisingly, bouncy Alfie is back this morning. I suspect he might spend all day in the blacks! I will try and pop home at lunchtime to see.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Take heart! Those numbers yesterday were a positive sign. Having a bouncer will be more challenging but you'll get there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.